Personal Injury Insurance
Automatic cover for any current financial members of an Australian Sailing Affiliated Club
Australian Sailing members
This Insurance program provides benefits to registered members of Australian Sailing Affiliated Clubs who, through injury or accident, incur financial loss and who otherwise have not received assistance.
Cover is Automatic for any member of an Australian Sailing Affiliated Club Member when registered in the national database.
Exclusive to Australian Sailing members
Australian Sailing Summary of Insurance Cover
Death & Permanent Disablement
A lump sum benefit is payable in the event of death or a Permanent Disability. The scale of benefits is defined in the policy.
The death benefit is $75,000 for members aged up to 85 years old and $10,000 for members under 18.
Non Medicare Medical Expenses
Reimburses up to 100% of Non-Medicare medical expenses up to a maximum of $5,000 subject to a $50 excess. Claimable expenses are private hospital bed and theatre fee, ambulance, net of any recoveries from private health insurance. Cover is limited to expenses incurred within 12 months from the date of injury.
Reimburses between 75% to 95% of costs incurred up to a maximum of $30 – $45 per visit up to a maximum of $750. Cover is limited to expenses incurred within 12 months from the date of injury.
Student Tutorial Costs
Reimburses up to 80% of costs incurred up to a maximum of $300 per week for home tuition by a qualified tutor if the Injury stops the Insured Person from going to their external tutor outside the home for up to 52 weeks with a 7 day excess period.
Domestic Help Benefit
Reimburses up to 80% of costs incurred up to a maximum of $300 per week for a recognised and licensed home help service if the Injury stops the Insured Person from usual and normal duties as a homemaker, sole provider for dependant children such as child-minding, cleaning, cooking, school pick up and drop offs for up to 52 weeks with a 7 day excess period.
We will pay up to $5,000 any one accident. Cover only applies if the event occurs within twelve (12) calendar months of the date of Injury. Please refer to the policy wording and Certificate of Insurance for details of the cover provided and policy limits.
We will pay up to $5,000 any one accident. Cover only applies if the event occurs within twelve (12) calendar months of the date of Injury. Please refer to the policy wording and Certificate of Insurance for more details of the cover provided and policy limits.
Loss of Income
Weekly Benefit 100% of pre-Injury Salary, if prevented from working in your Occupation up to a maximum of $300 per week. The benefit period is 52 weeks and the excess is 7 days.
We will pay up to an additional $10,000 for funeral expenses in the event of the death of the insured person where the death is covered by this Policy.
To make a claim:
Download the Australian Sailing Summary of Cover and Claim Form
Please ensure all sections are fully completed before lodging. Failure to complete all sections of this form properly may delay settlement of your claim.
Once complete scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to
AIG Australia Limited
Address: GPO Box 9933 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
1. Only one claim form (per injury) is required. A claim form should be completed and submitted as soon as you become aware that you will be making a claim. You do not have to wait until after you have completed treatment for your injury to lodge your claim form.
2. Please ensure that you fully complete pages 4 & 5 and sign and date the Declaration.
3. Please ensure that your Association/Club official completes and signs the Association/Club Declaration on page 4.
4. For claims involving Loss of Income:
a) You must complete page 6 and have your employer/salary officer complete page 7. If self-employed, you must have your accountant complete these details;
b) You must attach at least two pay slips including the most recent full period pre-Injury.
c) Have your Attending Physician complete the “Attending Physician” statements on page 7 & 8.
This may be completed by a Physiotherapist for minor injuries only.
5. For claims involving Non-Medicare medical expenses:
Have your treating practitioner complete the “Attending Physician” statement on page 7 & 8 making sure all Medical treatment is certified necessary by your attending practitioner and incurred within Australia. (An attending practitioner includes a general physician, other doctor or specialist, physiotherapist or a dentist).
6. Please attach all itemised receipts (be sure to copy them before you claim with your health fund as they will retain the original).
Hospital claims must be accompanied by an itemised Invoice, not just the estimate. If treatment is covered by your Private Health Fund please send their rebate advice with a copy of the relevant account.
Please note: No cover is provided for Surgeons, Anaesthetists, Doctors, X-rays or other accounts which are partly covered by Medicare. The Commonwealth Health Insurance Act does not permit the insurer to contribute to any charges covered by Medicare (including the Medicare Gap). The insurer will pay a percentage of the amount, as indicated in the Policy schedule, for private hospital bed and theatre fees, dental, ambulance (if not otherwise covered), chiropractic, physiotherapy, osteopath, naturopath, massage and pay for orthotics prescribed by a surgeon to aid recovery. Subject to the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 any treatment rendered necessary by injury must be completed within 12 calendar months from the date of such injury occurring.
7. Once you have fully completed all sections of the claim form, please have your Association/Club complete and sign page 4 and confirm your injury occurred during a sanctioned activity.
8. Once you have completed your claim form, please forward to AIG Australia Limited. Their contact details are:
Address: GPO Box 9933 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
Phone: 1300 030 886
9. Reimbursement will be paid to you directly by AIG Australia Limited by deposit into your nominated bank account.
10. Once your claim is registered, you can submit ongoing invoices to AIG Australia Limited. We can also be reached on the above contact details should you wish to make enquiries relating to the progress of your claim.
Please read the Financial Services Guide (PDF format), and print a copy for you to keep before completing the application form.